Game Update - 12/7
Here's everything coming to H1Z1 on December 7th.
Servers will be coming offline on December 7th at 12:00pm Pacific and will remain down for approximately 5 hours.
This patch focuses primarily on bug fixes and quality of life updates and also features Tutorial Challenges for new players. In addition, we’ve brought back an old favorite, Shotties & Snipers, as the first of three Holiday Events that will reward a special Festive Set (more information on that soon).
- Combat Zone time of day updated to be consistent with The Arena.
- Leaving Combat Zone is now immediate (removed the 10 second timer).
- Office buildings, residential areas, barns, trailers, and several smaller loot spots now have more balanced and consistent loot distribution.
- Updated the Player Report tool to allow you to provide additional context and information when reporting.
- Added Tutorial Challenges to help new players understand the basics of the game.
- Fixed an issue that could cause micro-stutter on some machines. We’re continuing to investigate this as a top priority.
- Discarded Daily Challenges will no longer occasionally fail to be replaced.
- Quickly dragging and dropping items from the inventory no longer causes the icon to occasionally appear stuck. Most cases were fixed in a previous update; but found an edge-case that could still cause this to happen.
- Fixed a rare case where shots could be missing their sound effect.
- Chain link fence sounds are no longer heard throughout the zone.
- Fixed a rare case where AK-47 and SMG could appear to be stuck firing indefinitely.
- Multiple ATVs will no longer occasionally spawn in the same location.
- Players should no longer be able to exit vehicles in order to get inside objects.
- Players who are killed by the environment now properly transition to team spectate.
- Hunting rifle bullets now destroy DTOs (destructible terrain objects) in two or three shots (down from ten).
- Ambient sound effects (such as water) no longer persist to the main menu after death.
- Toxic Cargo Pants have been updated to be more consistent with the rest of the Toxic Set. Also fixed the icon not matching the look of the item.
- Objective text should no longer be cut off on the Challenge Summary Screen.
- Removed the unnecessary “Next” button from the Score End Screen.
- World and Region has been added back into the HUD.
- Default mouse sensitivity is now set to 25. This will only affect new players or fresh installs and will not change settings for existing players.
- DreamHack Bandanas will be distributed at this time.
- Anti-cheat improvements
- Occasionally, the Challenge Summary screen will be blank after completing a Tutorial Challenge.
- In team games, automatically transitioning to Team Spectate while the Report Player window is up can cause the UI to get stuck.