PS4 Patch: May 2, 2019
Featuring New Third Person ADS Arcade Mode, EMP Crossbow Changes, Macho Crate Release, and Numerous Bug Fixes.
*NOTE (May 2, 4PM PDT): Today's patch notes have been updated to include BOTH additional bug fixes that made it into this update, as well as a hotfix going out this afternoon to fix several new live issues that occurred post-update (including the missing in-game Leaderboards and the incorrect Battle Pass season countdown timer).
PS4 servers will be coming offline at the below times for each region for an estimated 2-hour maintenance to bring you the latest game update:
- NA game update: Thursday, May 2 at 8AM PDT (convert to your local time).
- EU game update: Thursday, May 2 at 11PM BST (convert to your local time).
- New Arcade Mode: Third Person ADS
- Third Person ADS will run as a Solos Arcade Mode using the traditional BR Solos ruleset from May 2 through May 23.
- EMP Crossbow Balance: Overall Damage and EMP effect range have been significantly reduced
- EMP Crossbow explosive damage to players has been reduced by 40%
- The EMP splash range disabling vehicles has been reduced by 65%
- The EMP explosive range dealing damage to players has been reduced by 10%
- These EMP Crossbow tuning adjustments were implemented based on direct player feedback from our in-game surveys, forums and more. Thanks to all who provided feedback!
- The Macho Crate is now available! Drop-and-rock with the Macho LMG, ARV, or parachute - you can preview all the new items directly in-game.
- Players can now use throwables immediately after going from prone to crouch.
- EMP grenades now cause vehicle warning sound effects and HUD elements to trigger.
- Camera orientation is now maintained when aiming down site as a passanger in a vehicle.
- When spectating, the spectated player's position is now shown on the mini-map.
- Player health bars now remain accurate even when a spectating player quits.
- Players carrying no items who are killed while in a vehicle no longer drop an empty loot bag.
- Backdrop on Main Menu no longer occasionally disappears after exiting a match.
- Play button is now hidden for members of a team who aren't the leader.
- "Hunter in BR" challenge can no longer be completed via suicide.
- Mashing X button when purchasing crates should no longer freeze the UI.
- Wildstyle Marauder Icon color scheme is now consistent with the weapon model.
- Removed broken text string that was displayed at the bottom of the Exchange item screen.
- Fixed "Go for Ride" challenge description to more accurately reflect the requirements.
- Fixed typo on End Screen UI that said "Damages" instead of "Damage."
- Fixed cut-off text for "Assisted By" on the player elimination UI pop-up.
- Urban pants no longer clip through footwear on female characters.
- Optimized the process of finding and selecting a match, significantly reducing the time spent on the "Match Found" screen before starting a match.
- Fixed an issue that could prohibit the ability to switch between team members when spectating
- Gas ring no longer does damage to players who are near (but not in) the edge.
- Characters no longer get stuck when entering a game while opening a crate.
- Players no longer get stuck in game when eliminated immediately after interrupting the quit match timer.
- Fixed Molotovs floating when player is killed while throwing.
- Reload animations are no longer skipped when moving the camera close to walls or objects.
- Grenade throwing arc no longer disappears at distance.
- Players can now pick up weapons that were dropped on destroyed camping tents.
- Picked up weapons now disappear from the world more quickly.
- Dropped items now reach the ground regardless of the players distance from the ground.
- Reloading while aiming down sights with a structure directly above the players head no longer breaks the reload animation.
- Boost visual effect no longer persists after ceasing its use while in a vehicle.
- Removed problematic spawn points from Combat Training.
- After dropping an RPG and equipping a throwable, RPG model no longer incorrectly reappears in players hands.
- Revive prompt no longer occasionally persists after successfully reviving a teammate.
- The user interface no longer malfunctions when attempting to open certain windows by pressing two inputs simultaneously, such as Attendance and Challenges.
- Settings can now be accessed while the death screen is showing in modes where you can respawn.
- End screens now properly display mission results and tier records.
- End screen progress bars now animate as intended.
- D-pad UI no longer covers up party member’s face when joining a party.
- Voice chat HUD is now displayed properly in spectate mode.
- Killing a teammate with a grenade no longer counts towards challenges.
- Fixed numerous issues where certain Challenges would not gain progress under expected conditions.
- Fixed numerous space, formatting, and text issues across the entire user interface.
- Corrected “Gather Around 4” challenge icon.
May 2 Hotfix - Bug Fixes
- Re-enabled in-game Leaderboards in Fort Destiny.
- Set Battle Pass Season end date back to previous value.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause players to enter Third Person ADS outside of Arcade Mode through a very timing-specific input sequence.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause players to enter a First Person viewpoint with a throwable appearing to float.
- "The Survivor" challenge is no longer incorrectly completed by getting second place.
- Fixed several crates displaying incorrect images.