PS4 Game Update: December 5 (Version 1.59)
Featuring community-requested updates like shotgun changes and sensitivity options.
PS4 servers will be coming offline at the below times for each region for an estimated 2 hour update:
- NA game update: Wednesday, December 5 at 12PM PST (convert to your local time).
- EU game update: Wednesday, December 5 at 11PM GMT (convert to your local time).
- Combat Shotgun Balance: The fire rate has been slightly lowered and the spread has been slightly increased for the Combat Shotgun to further balance the weapon.
- This is part 2 of the Combat Shotgun adjustments (part 1 moved them into the Purple airdrops).
- These Combat Shotgun adjustments were implemented based on direct player feedback from our in-game surveys, forums, and more - thanks to all who provided feedback!
- High-Speed Vehicle Exit Damage: When traveling in a vehicle going faster than 50MPH, you will take 30 damage upon exiting the vehicle.
- In the past, players in vehicles often had a significant advantage over those on foot, since they could often get in an unpredictable first strike on an enemy.
- Adding high-speed vehicle exit damage helps balance those engagements:
- If the driving player chooses to slow down in order to not take damage, their movement becomes more predictable.
- If the driving player chooses to NOT slow down, the defending player will have a health advantage.
- This specific tactic was implemented based on direct player feedback from our in-game survey in November - thank you to all who participated!
- Vertical Controller Response: You can now separately tune vertical controller response as a portion of active controller sensitivity (there are separate options for hipfire, sighted, and scoped weapons).
- The default is set to 100% so that your existing settings are not disrupted. You can adjust each of the 3 sliders separately to fine-tune your vertical sensitivity.
- Crossbow EMP Effect: All crossbow arrows now have an EMP effect in addition to their explosive effect. Their ammunition name has been updated to reflect this.
- This change provides another anti-vehicle option for addressing late-game vehicle play.
- Green Mamba Motocross Pants now correctly drop in player loot bags.
- Fixed an issue where the Easy tier Challenge wasn't displaying for some players.
- Tier 2 armor and helmets now have the correct resistances against firework arrows.
- Fixed an issue where the Fire Hazard Skull Mask icon was displaying incorrectly.
- Explosive EMP Arrow splash damage fixes:
- If a player is wearing a helmet and body armor, and is struck in the armor with an explosive EMP arrow, the armor and player will receive damage but the helmet will not.
- Conversely, if a player is wearing a helmet and body armor, and is struck in the helmet with an explosive EMP arrow, the helmet and player will receive damage but the armor wll not.
Stay Connected and Follow Us on: