PS4 Game Update: December 5 (Version 1.59)
Featuring community-requested updates like shotgun changes and sensitivity options.
PS4 servers will be coming offline at the below times for each region for an estimated 2 hour update:
- NA game update: Wednesday, December 5 at 12PM PST (convert to your local time).
- EU game update: Wednesday, December 5 at 11PM GMT (convert to your local time).
- Combat Shotgun Balance: The fire rate has been slightly lowered and the spread has been slightly increased for the Combat Shotgun to further balance the weapon.
- This is part 2 of the Combat Shotgun adjustments (part 1 moved them into the Purple airdrops).
- These Combat Shotgun adjustments were implemented based on direct player feedback from our in-game surveys, forums, and more - thanks to all who provided feedback!
- High-Speed Vehicle Exit Damage: When traveling in a vehicle going faster than 50MPH, you will take 30 damage upon exiting the vehicle.
- In the past, players in vehicles often had a significant advantage over those on foot, since they could often get in an unpredictable first strike on an enemy.
- Adding high-speed vehicle exit damage helps balance those engagements:
- If the driving player chooses to slow down in order to not take damage, their movement becomes more predictable.
- If the driving player chooses to NOT slow down, the defending player will have a health advantage.
- This specific tactic was implemented based on direct player feedback from our in-game survey in November - thank you to all who participated!
- Vertical Controller Response: You can now separately tune vertical controller response as a portion of active controller sensitivity (there are separate options for hipfire, sighted, and scoped weapons).
- The default is set to 100% so that your existing settings are not disrupted. You can adjust each of the 3 sliders separately to fine-tune your vertical sensitivity.
- Crossbow EMP Effect: All crossbow arrows now have an EMP effect in addition to their explosive effect. Their ammunition name has been updated to reflect this.
- This change provides another anti-vehicle option for addressing late-game vehicle play.
- Green Mamba Motocross Pants now correctly drop in player loot bags.
- Fixed an issue where the Easy tier Challenge wasn't displaying for some players.
- Tier 2 armor and helmets now have the correct resistances against firework arrows.
- Fixed an issue where the Fire Hazard Skull Mask icon was displaying incorrectly.
- Explosive EMP Arrow splash damage fixes:
- If a player is wearing a helmet and body armor, and is struck in the armor with an explosive EMP arrow, the armor and player will receive damage but the helmet will not.
- Conversely, if a player is wearing a helmet and body armor, and is struck in the helmet with an explosive EMP arrow, the helmet and player will receive damage but the armor wll not.