Season 3: Developer Update
Patch Notes and Community-Requested Updates addressing Lobby populations, FFA Performance, and other changes
The Season 3 "Beyond Royale" Expansion was a mammoth undertaking, one that introduced a substantial amount of new content: two new game modes, a new ranking system and leaderboards, redesigned front-end UI, new lobbies, a weekly challenge system, daily rewards, 100 tier Battle Pass, and so much more. But as with every big game update, the first patch is just the beginning - with so much new content to tune, tweak, refine and update, we have a lot left to accomplish to get Season 3 exactly where we all want it to be.
Full patch notes for our first Season 3 hotfix below (immediate update - NO DOWNTIME REQUIRED):
- Lobby Population issue for BR Solos, Duos, and Fives should now be addressed.
- Optimized the new UI elements in FFA Deathmatch to improve performance.
- Fixed two issues that were causing rare client crashes for some players.
- Fixed a memory leak that was causing occasional login issues for some players.
We can't thank you enough for your continuing passion, commitment, and inspiration, and will continue investigating all of the issues you've flagged for us - including missing kill counts, leaderboard resets, in-game rank icons, and more. We'll have more to share in the coming days and weeks, both about quality of life fixes for Season 3 and upcoming content we're working on for Season 4 (and beyond). We're always listening, so never hesitate to reach out and share your thoughts on Twitter, Facebook or our official forums.
See everybody back in the Fort!
- The H1Z1 Development Team