The all-new Frostbite Crate has been released!
- 26 all-new items featuring the ultra-rare Rainbow Unicorn Mask.
- Ice the opposition with the ultra-rare animated Frostbite AR-15!
Preseason 2 is kicking off!
- Leaderboards and Stats have been reset for Preseason 2.
- Preseason 1 participants will be rewarded with the exclusive Tribute Backpack.
- We’ve changed the Score Thresholds for Bronze through Diamond Tiers to improve the distribution of players within those Tiers.
New Feature: Events
- Events are scheduled games that can be entered with Event Tickets or Crowns
- Starting on December 13th and running until January 10th, players can participate in scheduled Skull Crusher Events to compete for Skulls and Legacy crates.
- The Legacy Crate, for now only available as a reward in the Skull Crusher Event, has some of the coolest “classic” skins in the game.
New Feature: Twitch Invite
- Streamers who link their Twitch account in-game will be able to invite their viewers directly into their Duos and Fives groups.
- Viewers must also have their Twitch accounts linked to be eligible to receive an invite.
- Don’t forget to check out Twitch Prime Month, which kicks off on 12/7!
The Arena has been updated!
- A new POI, Scott’s Airfield, has been added north of Ruby Lake.
- Fire extinguishers have been added to building interiors and will release smoke when shot.
- More ATVs have been added to the outskirts of the map.
- Added more cover to some of the larger open areas (e.g. west of PV).
- Added more loot camps to some of the open areas.
- Long fences now have more openings.
- Trees can no longer be chopped down.
- Fixed missing collision in the Hospital stairwell and dozens of other minor bugs such as double-doors and misplaced objects.
The Crafting panel has been overhauled
- Progress bars make it clear when you can craft an item.
- Reorganized the list of recipes based on what’s most commonly crafted.
- Added buttons for Craft and Craft Max.
- [Known issue] We are aware of the bug causing Procoagulant to appear ready to Craft despite missing some ingredients. The new Crafting panel makes this bug a bit more obvious; be sure to check your recipe ingredients before attempting to Craft! All other recipes behave as intended and we’re working on a fix for Procoagulant.
The Scrapyard and Scrapping have been reworked
- The Scrapyard now displays the available items. Go get favorites like the Heavy Assault Gear or the Mask of the Jester!
- Scrapping an item is now done via Right-Click (this still occurs in the Appearance window).
- The confirmation window will now only appear for Ultra-Rare items or if the item being Scrapped is your last one.
- The amount of Scrap you’ll gain from an item will now be displayed
Scrapping bug fixes:
- Items will no longer be scrapped twice by spamming the Scrap button very quickly.
- It won’t be possible to Scrap the wrong item by moving the mouse to a different item while Scrapping.
- Items that are scrapped will no longer move to the first slot in the appearance window
- The preview character will no longer be wearing an item if the last one is scrapped.
General improvements & bug fixes
- We’ve tuned ping restrictions and fair play systems to be more consistently messaged.
- We’ve made some enhancements to the projectile code that should result in fewer “ghost bullets” and improved hit registration with all guns.
- Firing as a reload animation completes will no longer result in incorrect ammo counts.
- Cleaned up the end of match screens (for death and victory) to display correct information across all game modes.
- Winning teams will no longer incorrectly finish in second place.
- Pressing the Escape button should correctly close in-game menus after winning a match.
- Explosive arrow damage should be much more consistent.
- Explosive arrows should no longer damage players through walls.
- Terrain and Trees now provide cover correctly in between the target and the explosion.
- Bandages and first aid kits will be placed in the empty hotkey slot when looted from proximity.
- Fixed an issue where military backpacks don't auto-equip over normal backpacks when looted from another player.
- Guns should always correctly animate off-center when firing is blocked.
- Lootable items on elevated surfaces should now correctly display in proximity.
- Fixed a bug that would allow players to slide quickly while prone.
- Underscores can now be used in character names.
- Pressing "Escape" should always correctly exit in-game menus.
- Police cars should no longer get wedged under guard rails and abandoned cars and explode.
- Fixed the shred times on Kitsune Plated Full Helmet and Tactical Goggles.
- Moving while crouched on certain wooden surfaces with stealth shoes will no longer be silent (but should still be very quiet).
- Fixed an issue where the team member UI could occasionally disappear during match start.
- Exiting a vehicle while looking backwards in first person will no longer briefly invert movement controls.
- Basic skins should no longer be duplicated on the appearance screen.
- Cleaned up the transition between the throwing animation and swapping weapons.
- Bullets should once again make a sound as they closely pass by players.
- Cleaned up the error messages indicating players have been disconnected for being idle (this will still occur if you go AFK for an extended period of time).
- Back Your Match info text has been cleaned up to better describe how the feature works.
- Cleaned up some display bugs on the Leaderboard page.